Alfredo Krieg's DBA blog - Oracle ACE: CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource ‘resource_name’ on that would satisfy its placement policy

Monday, November 21, 2016

CRS-2632: There are no more servers to try to place resource ‘resource_name’ on that would satisfy its placement policy

I just got this error from CRS while trying to start a database using srvctl. I find this error kind of missleading as the error doesn’t tell what is really happening with the resource.

I suggest you to manually check the logs of the resource. In this case it had to do with a cluster database that one of the instances was not able to start. I tried to start this instance manually and then I got the real error.

The instance was having a missconfiguration in the parameter file that prevented it from starting.

Hope this note will provide you a guidance while having this CRS-2632 error coming out from CRS.

Thanks,

Alfredo

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 4, 2017 at 12:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Existing without the answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out through this guide is a critical case, as well as the kind which could have badly affected my entire career if I had not discovered your website."Oracle Training in Chennai"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home